Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tourney & Army List Thoughts

Sent in my army list last night. It had to be in before today to earn an extra 10 points.

I just spotted this battle report: More Dwarfs??
The list is remarkably similar to what I've chosen, except it managed to squeeze in an anvil. I'm not sure about it, but I think I'm regretting not getting one in. For a list that's practically a gunline (trust me, it could be a lot more gunliney) the anvil with wrath and ruin would have been great.

I'm approaching this tourney as a learning experience. I've been told it's a bad attitude, but I'm expecting to lose big. We're talking serious wooden spoonage.
I just don't play very often. And when I do play, it's the bi-annual get together of my gaming group for a weekend of warhammer.

I've upped the number of games I've been playing in preparation for brocon (my first tourney btw).
We had Basterdcon 7 (a friendly get together) in mid June where I got two games in.
I've played 3 games in the last two weeks, Demon's, Vampire Counts and High Elves. I have another High Elf match up next Tuesday.

I am enjoying playing much more though, so I'm going to make an effort to get a game in once a fortnight in future.

What that's shown me is how little I know about other races, their army books, their current favoured army builds and what they aim to do. I just have to play more, suck up some losses until I have a better idea of all of the above.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan matey. I can only dream of a game once a fortnight...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...