Saturday, April 16, 2011

Army Colour Schemes

I've got a lot of unpainted models which I'm going to start painting - so I'd like to decide on a colour scheme with a set of main colour elements that I can use across all of the units.

These are the two schemes I've decided I like so far, currently I'm favouring the Catchan Green & White combo.
I've done up some tester models to see what the colours look like together, let me know what you think.

Catchan Green & White
Try and ignore the unfinished parts eh?
I like this one, I'm just concerned the green will coming out too dark once it's been 'army paintered'. The only model with army painter applied is the one on the very right, with the hand weapon & shield. You can see him best in the third picture.
Warriors
Warriors
Warriors
Gore Red
I'd also use White as a primary colour like I've done with the Warriors above, I just didn't do it for the Miners - there weren't enough distinct parts on the clothes to use two separate colours and I didn't want the white parts to be too large. I find white an awkward colour to paint with consistency on the models, smaller stripes like on the warriors above are fine, I just wouldn't do a whole arm in white.

Miners
Miners

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that is...not the answer I was expecting from you based on earlier conversation! Are you sir, taking the mick? :p
    Blood red of the musician on the right, or the gore red of the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, I was worried the red miners with snow bases might end up looking like the Santa Clause army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are looking nice, I think the red is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers redmanphill, I think I'll do a full tester with the red gore, making sure I get more white in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...